My name is Tara and these are my stories....

Friday, February 03, 2006

My next Seminary Course

Last night I started my 3rd Seminary Course for Credit - the course is entitled "Personal Formation and Development".

COURSE DESCRIPTION

This course provides the opportunity to explore student's self understanding in the areas of vocation, spirituality, sexuality and personality. Attention will be given both to traditions of the Christian faith and practice and to comtemporary analytical instruments.

COURSE OBJECTIVES

This course will provide students with the means to assess their personal formation and growth to date. It will require them to plan steps of growth that will guide them into making choices either while at seminary or while entering ministry. It will use insights from the Christian spiritual and theological traditions, and from psychology in the form of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. It will provide a structure for evaluating personal vocational development and sexuality as these bear on preparing for and applying to ministry.

I've been wanting to take this course since I started taking classes at CTS. It's going to require a lot of work and thoughful reflection, but in the end all the work will benefit me.

2 Comments:

Blogger don said...

So now having taken the first session of in class , have you found that you are feerfully and wonderfully made! You go girl!

1:09 p.m.

 
Blogger Apostle John said...

Good luck on that class!

10:44 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home