My name is Tara and these are my stories....

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Soccer

Well, I'm playing outdoor soccer again. We had our first practice for the Erin Ladies Team last night. The weather was great, which is a huge bonus since we can't practice in the Arena. It was good to get out and kick the ball around. We've lost a few players from last year and some new women are trying out. I'm sure it's going to take a few weeks for us all to mesh as a team. Our first game is May 8th, which is really soon.
I'm likely going to have to replace my shoes, my shin guards and my ankle braces this year. My shoes will likely last until mid-season but my shin guards are in pretty sad shape and I've had my ankle braces since high school.
My indoor season is almost over. We have 1 game this week and 2 games next week and then we are done. Our second season has been pretty bad. We haven't won a game so far. Not due to our lack of effort but due to our inability to score goals. It's been fun. I'm glad I'm playing. Playing soccer is good exercise and it's a lot of fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger don said...

hey hey..yur back! Hey you just got those shoes! I can still picture them...All this from a guy whos favourite sport is looking for a guitar pick!

7:38 p.m.

 
Blogger don said...

gave up on blogging did we?
By the way, I will be away on friday otherwise I'd help with youth. I'm picking up Deb from mas this weekend.
dw

2:06 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home